OK, a lot has happened in the last few weeks since we released our single but the last week has been a bit crazy so here’s what’s happened.
- I submitted Put the Baby Down to Sleep to the Fresh on the Net for consideration and it was picked out for their Listening Post.
- That resulted in loads of people getting in touch, liking it and being very nice about our music which eventually led to an very nice feature with a review and article.
- It also resulted in Tom Robinson of TRB fame (the mastermind behind FOTN) saying that we were a “splendid recent FOTN discovery”.
- Then Tom decided to put us on his weekly mixtape which was broadcast on BBC 6 Music and can also be downloaded as a podcast.
- Since then things have been very busy and it seems that more than just a few people like our music. Which is a good thing! As I have spread the word about our progress, more influential people have got in touch and said some incredibly nice things about us and I have put some of them on our press page for all to see.
So I would like to advise any bands or musicians if you have any music that you think is pretty good, whatever style, wait until you think it’s great, then submit it to Fresh on the Net (do your homework first and read the info on the website) and they will listen to the track. They get about 150 tracks every week! But yours will stand out if it’s really good.
I think it’s so good that I have started voting there too and I’m amazed at the amount of great music being produced.